Obama Foundation Scholars Program to Study in USA 2022/2023
Applications for the 2022-2023 Obama Foundation Scholars Program are welcome. The Obama Foundation Scholars Program is a fully funded, full-time leadership development program that brings together aspiring leaders from across the United States and around the world who are committed to finding solutions to challenges in their communities. , countries and regions.
Over the course of an academic year at Columbia University, Obama Foundation grantees deepen their knowledge and skills, and build new capacities and networks to accelerate their impact in their home countries. At the end of the program, Obama Foundation grantees, empowered by their experience, return to the regions where they worked and continue on their journey of service.
About Obama Foundation
The Obama Foundation provides a robust leadership development curriculum, training, networking activities, and personalized support throughout the academic year to help Obama Grantees gain the skills, tools, and hands-on experience they need to make an impact to increase their work upon their return home. These experiences allow Fellows to gain insights from senior leaders across sectors and from the wealth of knowledge of the Obama Foundation’s network of program participants while planning how to reinvest their new skills, networks, and knowledge upon completion of the program.
The activities established include both UChicago and Columbia-based cohorts of scholars with the goal of creating a broader global community of practice for collaborative learning, to inform scholars’ approaches to their own work and to expedite that work when post- return to their communities after graduation. Each cohort’s experience is tailored to leverage the rich research ecosystems of these two world-class institutions and the cities they are based in, providing unique and immersive learning opportunities for fellows in Chicago and New York City.
Details Of Obama Foundation Scholarship
Level of Study: Undergraduates
Host Institution: Colombia University
Country: United States
Organization: Obama Foundation
Course of Study: Not Specified
State Of Origin: Chicago and New York City
Deadline: December 20, 2022
Value of the Obama Foundation Scholarship Program
- Monthly stipend to support New York City living expenses
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University if the program can meet in person
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Undergraduate Medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City when the program can meet in person
- Air travel to and from the country of origin and all activities related to the program when the program is able to meet in person
Qualification Requirements for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program
The Obama Foundation Scholars program at Columbia University seeks emerging leaders from across the United States and around the world who meet the following criteria:
- They are emerging leaders who have made significant contributions to their field and are now having a “groundbreaking moment” in their career.
- They have a demonstrated commitment to service and leadership within a community, region, or country, as well as a demonstrated commitment to returning to those communities after completing the program, and apply their education, skills and enhanced connections on a long-term basis to the benefit of these communities
- Master English(spoken, written and spoken).
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of your community.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to inclusion, community spirit, hope, courage, imagination, strategy, accountability, integrity and resilience.
Application Process for Obama Foundation Scholarship
How to Apply: To apply for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2022-2023, applicants are to: complete the online application form and submit the following materials:
- Resume/curriculum vitae: The resume/curriculum vitae should be a chronological listing of your employment and academic history, and other significant activities, including any awards, publications, or other achievements․
- Personal video statement: The personal video statement should be a short video (no longer than five minutes in length) introducing the applicant and their work to the selection committee. Applicants will upload their video statement to a video hosting service, like YouTube or Vimeo, and will include a link to their video in the online application. Additional information on the requirements for the personal video statement can be found in the online application.
- Answers to short essay questions: The short essay questions help the selection committee understand the applicant’s work, their motivation and how the program fits into their career trajectory. Applicants will submit their essay questions in the online application.
- Proof of English language skills
- Two letters of recommendation